Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 28 and 29, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss immune system function and support with Ian Clark, Virtual Care and the Myths of Digital Health with Michael Green and Dr. Ramana Appireddy, meatless Mondays with Carolyn Tanner Cohen and how Allicin can help fight off viral and bacterial infections with Dr. Peter Josling
We specifically discuss:
Immune System Function and Support
- How do we avoid getting sick?
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic systems
- What suppresses the immune system?
- Iodine and Magnesium
- Keeping mentally strong
- Pandemonium is internal
Virtual Care and the Myths of Digital Health
- What is virtual care?
- What are the benefits of virtual care for Canadians?
- Can virtual care help prevent the spread of Covid-19
- Mental health and self-isolating
- Avoiding unnecessary journeys
- The difficulties of virtual care
- Misconceptions regarding virtual care
- A doctor’s experience utilizing virtual tools
- Patient feedback on virtual care technology
- Why are people considering cutting out (or down on) meat?
- “Meatless Mondays” – going vegan one day a week
- Vegan breakfast -oats + chia seed
- Lentils for lunch
- Powerball snacks
- Cauliflower steaks for dinner
How Allicin Can Fight Infections
- What is allicin?
- Stabilizing allicin
- How does allicin normalize the immune response?
- Allicin kills bacteria and viruses
- Can Allicin fight Covid-19?
- Is allicin safe to take?
- Are there contraindications for allicin?
For more information about Ian Clark show sponsor Activation Products go here.
To learn more about Michael Green and Access 2022 go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here
To learn more about Allicin and the work of Dr. Peter Josling go here.