Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 4 and 5, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss a personal journey to heart health with Wayne Elliot, mindfulness amidst panic with Tracey Soghrati, cooking with beans with Naomi Bussin and the natural treatment of arthritis with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND
We specifically discuss:
A Personal Journey to Heart Health
- Wayne’s story
- Natural health?
- Jim Strauss’ philosophies
- What do Statin drugs do?
- Blood flow
Mindfulness Amidst Panic
- What happens when we panic?
- Daily practice to deal with social distancing
- Acceptance and lower resistance to “what ifs”
- Coping mechanisms and triggers
- Shifting perspective
- RAIN: Recognize, Allow, Investigate, Nurture
Cooking With Beans
- Why are we talking about cooking with beans?
- Why is everyone else talking about beans?
- Beans as a meat alternative or supplement
- Heirloom beans – Rancho Gordo
- Canned beans: salt, EDTA
- Dried beans: soaking, The Instant Pot
- Cool Beans – Joe Yonan
- Spreads, Dips, Salads, Soups, Stews, Pastas, Desserts
The Natural Treatment of Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- How do you know what kind of arthritis you have?
- How do you treat osteoarthritis?
- Supplements: Natural Eggshell Membranes
- Conceptualizing Arthritis as Inflammation
- How do you treat rheumatoid arthritis?
- Auto-immune deficiency and trigger
- Leaky gut
- Vitamin D
- Intermittent Fasting
For more information about Wayne Elliot show sponsor Strauss go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.