Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 11 and 12, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to avoid viral and bacterial infections with Dr. Philip Rouchotas ND, how to “MacGyver” a home gym with Dr. Stacy Irvine, how to create a “Dine Out” experience at home with Carolyn Tanner Cohen and creating and maintaining social connections with Jodi Fischtein
We specifically discuss:
Avoiding Viral and Bacterial Infections
- Awareness, Avoidance, Action
- Seasonal Influenza – viral infections
- Vitamin D
- Lifestyle: Nutrition, Sleep, Exercise
- Underlying conditions: Immune compromised
- Green Tea
“MacGyver” Your Own Home Gym
- The importance of exercise
- Social media tools
- Higher incidence of injuries
- The proper space
- Floors and Mirrors
- MacGyvering the equipment
Create a “Dine Out” Experience At Home
- Take in from a restaurant
- The ambiance and mood
- Drinking and Cannabis at home
- Turn off the electronic devices
- The virtual pot-luck dinner
- Food presentation
- (Healthy) Sauces
Creating and Maintaining Social Connections Through Yoga
- Being part of something
- Activity clearing the mind
- Yoga tools
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Introverts and extroverts
- Online yoga classes and guided meditations
- The language of yoga
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
For more information about Dr. Philip Rouchotas go here.
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here.
To read articles written by Jodi Fischtein in Tonic Magazine go here.