Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 18 and 19 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how your immunity system works with Dr. Gordon Chang, maintaining relationships during social isolation with Carlyle Jansen,
We specifically discuss:
How Does the Immune System Work?
- There is no known proven cure for Covid-19 (yet)
- Boosting the immune system
- White blood cells
- Non-specific antibodies
- How do vaccines work?
- Mast cells
- Herbal immune boosters
Maintaining Relationships During Social Isolation
- Downtime and space
- Separation and togetherness
- Setting aside time to talk
- Physical connections during social distancing
- Sexual relationships for singles (during Covid-19)
Fighting Stress Nutritionally
- Emotional eating and the loss of control
- Supporting gut health with fermented foods
- Creating your own fermented foods
- Sourdough starters
- Foods that don’t support gut health: alcohol and sugar
- Growing your own food
Dental Care During Covid-19
- What do you do if you have a dental emergency?
- Are there dental offices open during Covid-19 in Toronto?
- The Royal College of Dentists contact
- What qualifies as a dental emergency?
- Phone prescriptions and proper dosage
- Managing anxiety
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To read Carlyle Jansen’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Megan Horsley’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Dr. Steve Colomby go here.