Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 2 and 3, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss managing stress with Dr. Philip Rouchotas ND, the anti-viral properties of oil of oregano with Roger Baird, adopting pets during social isolation with Hannah Sotropa and whether now is the time for self-improvement with Rod MacDonald
We specifically discuss:
Managing Stress Naturally
- Adrenal fatigue
- Stress overlapping with depression
- Diet and lifestyle strategy to deal with adrenal fatigue
- Sleep and Melatonin
- B Vitamins, Adaptogens
- Medicinal Mushrooms
The Anti-Viral Properties of Oil of Oregano
- Wild oil of oregano
- Ingesting oil of oregano
- What are the health benefits of oil of oregano?
- Dental care
- Pet use
Adopting Pets During Social Isolation
- What are the benefits of adopting a pet?
- What is the process of adopting a pet during Covid-19 social distancing?
- Motives for adopting a pet
- Pet adoption vs. pet fostering
- Considerations when adopting a pet
- If you’re interested in adopting or fostering a pet go here.
Is Now The Time for Self-Improvement?
- Is Covid-19 the right time to contemplate self-improvement?
- Self-awareness and carrying forward
- “Baby steps”
- Creating context
- Does worrying and stress impede personal growth?
- Steps to starting self-improvement
- Accountability and structure
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
For more information about Dr. Philip Rouchotas go here.
To learn more about Roger Baird and Oil of Oregano go here.
To learn more about Toronto Humane Society go here.
To read articles written by Rod MacDonald in Tonic Magazine go here.