Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 16 and 17, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss pivoting to digital health with George Barakat, bringing hand washing stations to remote locations with Phil Warren, home workout protocols with Dr. Stacy Irvine and mood boosting foods with Carolyn Tanner Cohen
We specifically discuss:
Pivoting From Live to Digital Health
- What does clinical health care look like now?
- The challenges in rolling out digital health care nationally
- Digital tracking of health care
- Post-Covid-19 efficiencies
- What has been learned from operating digitally during Covid-19?
- Where are the improvements going to come?
- Physician efficiencies
Remote Hand Washing
- Grey water and black water
- The problems of being sanitary on a construction site
- Moving water through pumps
- Implications for commercial use
- Residential applications
- Post-Covid-19 applications
Home Workout Protocols
- Preparing for workouts – proper dress, hydration
- Workout structure – dynamic warm up
- Avoiding injuries
- Working through pain
- Heat or Cold for muscle pain
- Cool downs – static stretching
Mood Boosting Foods
- Foods that make you feel worse – caffeine, sugar and alcohol
- Brazil nuts
- Omega-3 Fish
- Dark chocolate
- Drink water!
For more information about show sponsor Jack Nathan Health and George Barakat go here.
To learn more about Phil Warren and Saniflo go here.
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.