Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 23 and 24 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how stress and inflammation impacts your health with Dr. Gordon Chang, Divorce over 50 with Mara Marcello, improving your digestion with Megan Horsley and the connection between depression and sex with Carlyle Jansen
We specifically discuss:
How Do Inflammation and Stress Impact Your Health?
- Inflammation and the body’s response
- Acute inflammation leads to an overreaction by white blood cells
- Covid-19 and white blood cells attacking lung lining
- Controlling the inflammation: anti-inflammatory treatment
- Free radicals
- Can you get anti-oxidants from your diet?
Divorce over 50
- Is Covid-19 driving more inquires about divorce?
- Can you get a divorce during Covid-19?
- The Grey Divorce
- What issues are unique to those divorcing over 50?
- The key issue: the financial picture
- Research is the first step
- Divorce coach
How To Improve Your Digestion
- Drinking (lots of) water
- When should you drink water?
- Avoid known allergens
- Eat slowly and calmly
- Don’t cook or eat when you’re upset
- Seek out a health practitioner
Sex and Depression
- Anxiety and depression impacting sex
- Sex as a coping mechanism during Covid-19
- Signs of depression
- How do you raise the issue with your partner?
- How does depression manifest physically?
- Depression medication impacting sex
- Can you have a sexual relationship if suffering with depression?
- Can sex help someone suffering with depression?
- Tips to maintain a sex life during depression
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Mara Marcello and Divorce Angels go here
To read Megan Horsley’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To read Carlyle Jansen’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.