Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on June 20 and 21 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how your colon health impacts your immunity with Dr. Gordon Chang, how mindfulness coincides with social activism with Tracey Soghrati, in home fitness and nutrition with Megan Horsley and the natural treatment of allergies with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND
We specifically discuss:
How Does Your Colon Health Impact Your Immunity?
- The road to good health is paved with good intestines
- The importance of fiber
- Fiber as a prebiotic
- Probiotics – specific types
- Getting probiotics from your diet
- Digestion worsens with age
- Digestive enzymes
- What type of digestive enzymes are right for you?
- What form of digestive enzyme should you look for – pill or liquid?
- Digestion in the small intestine
Mindful Social Activism
- Is there a link between mindfulness and social activism?
- Rhonda Magee
- Starting with curiosity
- Gathering information
- Being open and accepting
- The role of social media vs. depth of connection
In Home Fitness and Nutrition
- Personal training as it connects with holistic nutrition
- Fit at home guide
- Correcting form
- Who is the program for?
- The nutrition component – increasing protein
- Wellness is a lifestyle decision – sustainability
The Natural Treatment of Allergies
- Why do allergies occur?
- Asthma and eczema
- Typical treatments – antihistamines, allergy shots, cortical steroids
- Supporting the immune system: probiotics
- Vitamin D
- Stinging Nettle and quercetin
- Reducing exposure to allergens: dust reduction, hepa filters, natural cleaners
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here
To read Megan Horsley’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.