Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 8 and 9, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss why end of (this) Summer might be a great time to detox with Joel Thuna, the importance of greater public access to eye care with Dr. Yvonne Buys, what to do when you’re the only one in the house dieting with Shauna Lindzon and yoga for home workouts with Jodi Fischtein
We specifically discuss:
Why the End of (this) Summer is the Time To Detox
- Why would someone contemplate a detox?
- Why is Spring the traditional time for detoxing?
- Covid-19 stress and toxin build up
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Eating clean
- Aiding digestion: soluble Fiber, enzymes and probiotics
Greater Access to Public Eye Care
- Ophthalmologists, Optometrists and Opticians
- What eye ailments do adult Canadians suffer from?
- Cataracts, Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy
- The benefits of early treatment
- Higher risk for different income level Canadians
- Routine eye exams
- For more information Seethepossibilities.ca
- What can you do to prevent eye ailments?
When You’re The Only One in the House Dieting
- Have a variety of foods around
- Family style meals
- Mindful eating
- Preventing junk food from being in the house?
- Single servings
- The 80/20 concept vs. dieting
- Healthy food as convenience food
- Do separate meals make sense?
Yoga and Home Workouts
- What sort of home workouts are people doing?
- Restorative yoga, the yoga wheel and the stability ball
- Targeting areas: back and hip flexors
- Developing core strength and posture
- Dragon lunge
- Breathing into the shape
- When do you do yoga relative to the work out?
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Yvonne Buys and The Canadian Ophthalmologist Society go here
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here
To learn more about Jodi Fischtein, go here