Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 15 and 16, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss the natural beauty secrets for your skin with Dr. Gordon Chang, taking an armchair culinary tour with Naomi Bussin, the naturopathic approach to Lyme disease with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND and dealing with family spats during Covid-19 with Lesley Sandler-Griff
We specifically discuss:
Natural Beauty Secrets for Your Skin
- Approaching beauty from the inside
- Building healthy skin through a holistic approach
- Diet, Exercise, Sleep
- Take a wide variety of antioxidants – fighting free radicals
- Supplements that support sleep
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Healthy cells in the connective tissue
- Trace minerals
- Happiness and beauty
- The immune system
Taking a Culinary Armchair Tour
- If you can’t travel, cook the foods from world destinations
- sourcing ingredients
- My Korea – Hooni Kim (Korea)
- Bitter Honey – Letitia Clark (Sardinia)
- Alpine Cooking – Meredith Erickson (Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France)
- Beyond the North Wind – Darra Goldstein (Russia)
The Naturopathic Approach to Lyme Disease
- How do you contract Lyme Disease?
- What are the symptoms of Lyme Disease?
- How do you diagnose Lyme Disease?
- Testing for Lyme Disease
- Treatment of Lyme Disease in Canada: dosage issues
- The natural treatment of Lyme Disease
- Finding a “Lyme Literate” physician
- ILADS : Online resources
Dealing With Family Spats
- With everybody in the house, are there more family spats?
- Domestic violence
- How do you avoid a spat?
- Communication is key
- Regular check-ins/meetings
- Commitment to the security of the group
- Acknowledging that this is a difficult process
- How do you move forward from a spat?
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.
To learn more about Lesley Sandler-Griff go here.