Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 22 and 23, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the best clinical health care practices with George Barakat, host gifts for backyard and cottage get-togethers with Carolyn Tanner Cohen, Mindfulness and Loneliness with Tracey Soghrati and sports injury triage with Dr. Stacy Irvine
We specifically discuss:
Best Clinical Health Care Practices
- What is the ‘new normal’?
- Protocols for medical clinics
- Planning for the future: digital presence
- Implementing what has been learned
- Protecting the staff
- The collective greater good
- What will the best practices look like going forward?
- Coordinating the technology
Host Gifts for Cottage or Backyard Get-Togethers
- The job of home or cottage entertaining
- “What can I bring?”
- Taking care of the cocktail hour
- Bringing a board
- Spatchcock chicken
- Spice rubs
Mindfulness and Loneliness
- Loneliness is an epidemic
- Can people be lonely when they’re around other people?
- Loneliness vs. social isolation
- The neuroscience of loneliness
- The perception of threat
- Losing the ability to engage
- How do we know if we’re lonely?
- Reengaging via mindfulness
- Monitoring your environment
- Accepting your experience in the moment
- Being present in social situations
Sports Injury Triage
- Injuries connected to doing new activities
- Twisted ankles
- Back pain
- Tennis elbow/Golfer’s elbow
- Yoga wrist
For more information about show sponsor Jack Nathan Health and George Barakat go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine go here.