Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 26 and 27, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to make your bedroom a sanctuary of peace with Adarsh Shah, the phenomenon of grey divorce with Lorne Fine, foods that support sleep with Megan Horsley and the importance of healthy relationships with Montrella Cowan
We specifically discuss:
How To Turn Your Bedroom Into A Sanctuary of Peace
- Pillows: “the mattress for your head”
- How long should you use a pillow for?
- How do you find the right pillow?
- New pillow technology
- What is a grey divorce?
- When do people get divorced?
- Why is grey divorce happening?
- Factors militating staying together
- Assets: matrimonial homes, pensions etc.
- Division of property
- Hiring a financial consultant
- Spousal support
- Advice for those considering getting a divorce
Foods That Support Sleep
- The interconnection between nutrition and sleep
- How sleep affects nutrition
- The gut-brain axis
- Circadian rhythm
- Foods high in tryptophan
- Foods with Gaba
- Herbal teas
- Caffeine, sugar, alcohol, processed foods
The Importance of Healthy Relationships
- Why is having healthy relationships so important?
- What can we do to improve our relationship skills?
- Let people know that what they’re feeling is okay
- Give people space
- How do you learn how to pick up on non-verbal cues?
For more information about show sponsor Ultramatic and Adarsh Shah go here.
To learn more about Lorne Fine go here
To read Megan Horsley’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Montrella Cowan, go here