Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on October 24 and 25, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the future of medical clinics with George Barakat, how to improve your posture with Dr. Stacy Irvine, a natural approach to thyroid health with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND and whether Covid-19 spells the death of Toronto with Mitchell Abrahams
We specifically discuss:
The Future of Health Clinics
- Hub and spoke health clinics
- An ecosystem in healthcare: instantaneous referrals
- The “circular health care experience”
- Combined access to primary healthcare
- Growth, connectivity and community
- Duplicating the “hospital experience” without the wait
How To Improve Your Posture
- Why is posture so important?
- What are the common posture problems?
- What are the implications of poor posture?
- Stacking of vertebrae
- Upper Cross Syndrome
- What can we do to help our posture?
- Exercises for better posture
- Rowing and cross-country skiing
- Are posture problems reversible?
A Natural Approach to Thyroid Health
- What is the thyroid gland and what does it do?
- Are thyroid conditions common?
- How do you develop a thyroid condition?
- The connection between auto-immune disease and the thyroid gland
- Genetic predisposition to auto-immune disease
- The auto-immune disease trigger
- Intestinal permeability and auto-immune disease
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Reducing the risk to thyroid disease
- Testing for thyroid disease
- Is thyroid disease reversible?
- Lifestyle choices and supplementation
Did Covid-19 Kill Toronto?
- Toronto and the pandemic
- What is driving the “exodus” from the city?
- The history of the cycle of pandemics and booms
- Can we work remotely indefinitely?
- The key drivers of cities
- International cities
- Post-pandemic immigration
- The hidden costs of leaving the city
- The future approach to pandemics
For more information about show sponsor Jack Nathan Health and George Barakat go here.
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.
To learn more about Mitchell Abrahams go here