Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 4 and 5, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the natural treatment of the prostate with Andrea Donsky, how technology can impact your sleep with Adarsh Shah, colon health and your digestion with Nadia Kotsos, and wound care during Covid-19 with Dr. Hance Clarke.
We specifically discuss:
Your Partner’s Prostate Health
- What is the prostate gland and what does it do?
- What can happen to the prostate gland?
- Statistics surrounding BPH
- Causes of BPH
- What are the symptoms of BPH?
- BPH vs. Cancer symptoms
- Taking responsibility for your own health
- After a diagnosis of BPH
- Lifestyle choices
How Technology Can Impact Your Sleep
- Technology can both enhance or inhibit sleep
- Sleep tracking technology wearables
- Measuring heart rate, temperature, blood oxygen levels, sound, movement and breathing
- Withings watch
- Oura ring
- Sleep hygiene and electronics
- Blue light
- Avoiding screen time
Your Colon and Digestion
- How do you know when you’re not digesting your food properly?
- Looking at your poop
- How often should you poop?
- What does your skin tell you?
- Colon health
- How does poor colon health manifest?
- Food combining
- Resetting the digestive tract
- A whole food diet for colon health
- A herbal “tea-tox”
- Aloe vera
- Bone broth
Wound Care During Covid-19
- What is hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy assists in wound care
- Wound care in Ontario
- Why is it important to get oxygen to a wound?
- Flaps and grafts
- Studying hyperbaric therapy for Covid-19
- How has Covid-19 impacted pain and wound treatment?
- Is wound care being impacted by telemedicine?
- What supports are necessary to improve wound care?
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
For more information about Andrea Donsky go here.
To learn more about Adarsh Shah and Ultramatic go here.
To learn more about Nadia Kotsos go here.
To learn more about Dr. Hance Clarke go here.