Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 28 and 29, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how garlic can boost your immunity with Dr. Peter Josling, testosterone and men’s health with Robert Pierce, tips for cooking with online recipes with Shauna Lindzon and hypofrontality and mindfulness with Tracey Soghrati
We specifically discuss:
Garlic and Boosting Immunity
- Keeping your immune system strong
- Allicin, Vitamin D and Vitamin C
- “Power Foods”
- What is stabilized Allicin?
- Why is Allicin effective?
- Allicin vs. other garlic compounds
- Side effects
Testosterone and Men’s Health
- What does male pattern baldness tell you about a man’s health?
- Signifiers of a hormone imbalance
- Factors that can cause lower testosterone
- Dealing with cortisol and estrogen
- How do you keep up your testosterone levels up?
- Top tips for men to live by
CONTEST: TONIC LISTENERS, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CONTEST OFFER COURTESY OF OUR FRIENDS AT PRAIRIE NATURALS. SEND AN EMAIL TO JAMIE@TONICTORONTO.COM BY NOVEMBER 10 TELLING US WHY YOU LOVE THE SHOW AND WE’LL DRAW ONE LUCKY LISTENER WHO’LL WIN A GIFT PACK WITH A RETAIL VALUE OVER $200 OF PRAIRIE NATURAL PRODUCTS INCLUDING: Prost Force, Vigor Force, ZMAG Force, Andro Force, Trib Force and Multi Force Active for Men
The Top Tips For Cooking With Online Recipes
- Deciding which online recipe to use
- Curated classic cooking websites
- Cooking technique websites
- Read the whole recipe before you start
- How relevant are the comment sections?
- Recommended websites
- Recipe editing
- Food photography
- Top Tip: look for recipes with fewer steps
Hypofrontality, Addiction and Mindfulness
- What is hypofrontality?
- The pre-frontal cortex
- The amygdala and a “low boiling point”
- The limbic system
- The brain’s reward system
- Impulse control, risk taking and addiction
- How does mindfulness help with hypofrontality?
To learn more about Allicin and the work of Dr. Peter Josling go here.
For more information about Robert Pierce and Prairie Naturals go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here