Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 14 and 15, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the natural approach to eye health with Joel Thuna, self care and a preventative approach to wellness with Tanya Salituro, preparing for Winter sports with Stacy Irvine, and mood boosting foods with Heather Lillico
We specifically discuss:
Natural Eye Care
- The boundaries of human eyesight
- Common eyesight problems
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Dry Eye Disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Diet/nutrients for better eyesight
- Vitamin K2
- Vitamins A, C and E
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- DHA Omega3
Self Care and Preventative Wellness
- A diagnosis of Cancer
- Listening to your body
- Be your own health advocate
- Access to information
- Barriers to self-advocacy
- The importance of community and connection to your health
Preparing for Winter Sports
- Proper attire
- Weekend warriors
- Warming up
- Cooling down
- Is hydration a concern in Winter?
- Downhill Skiing
- Cross-Country Skiing
Mood Boosting Foods
- Jerusalem Artichokes for pre-biotics
- Rutabagas for GABA
- Brussels Sprouts for folate
- Probiotics and fermented foods
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Tanya Salituro and CanPrev go here.
To learn more about Stacy Irvine go here.
To learn more about Heather Lillico go here.