Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 5 and 6, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the health benefits of medicinal mushrooms with Dr. Philip Rouchotas ND, a new method of removing alcohol in the blood system utilizing hyperventilation with Dr. Joseph Fisher, chair yoga with Deborah Devine and exercise and weight loss with Noah Schwartz.
We specifically discuss:
- What are the health benefits of medicinal mushrooms?
- Lion’s Mane
- Reishi, Turkey’s Tail, Shiitake, Maitake
- Hot water extraction
- Eating mushrooms
- Extracts, tinctures
- Dosages and label reading
- Who would benefit from taking mushrooms?
Hyperventilation To Rid The Body of Blood Alcohol
- Why is it important to get blood alcohol out of the system?
- How does the body rid itself of blood alcohol?
- What tools are available to assist in ridding blood alcohol out of the body?
- Supporting hyperventilation as a method of removing blood alcohol from the body
- Potential side effects
- The technology and the testing process
- What is chair yoga?
- Why is chair yoga so good for you?
- What equipment do you need for chair yoga?
- For health benefits how long should your practice be?
- Micro-sessions throughout the day
- Resources to support chair yoga
- Get Fit Where You Sit
Exercise and Weight Loss
- The connection between weight loss and exercise
- Creating a calorie deficit
- Burning more calories during rest
- Consistency: don’t go “0 to 100”
- Sustainability: changing small habits
- Muscle building during Covid-19
- Six foundational movements
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
For more information about Dr. Philip Rouchotas ND go here.
To learn more about Dr. Joseph Fisher go here.
To learn more about Deborah Devine go here.
To learn more about Noah Schwartz go here.