Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 12 and 13, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss vitamin K2 with Joel Thuna, how the psychedelic molecule DMT helps treat addiction disorders with Timothy Ko, the health benefits of lemons with Jose Antonio Garcia and the foods that contribute to anxiety with Heather Lillico
We specifically discuss:
- The discovery of Vitamin K2
- The role of Vitamin K2
- Bioavailability: MK4 and MK7
- How do we get Vitamin K2?
- How does Vitamin K2 work?
- Supplementation: stabilization of Vitamin K2
- What is the best form to take Vitamin K2?
- Who should be taking Vitamin K2?
- Vitamin K’s role in metabolizing calcium
- How Vitamin K2 improves your eye health
DMT as a Treatment for Addiction Disorders
- The problems with current addiction disorder treatment
- Low rate of efficacy and high cost of conventional treatments
- Stabilizing the patient so that psychotherapies can be utilized
- The role of psychedelics in the process
- Why use DMT?
- The stabilization of Ayahuasca
- Regulation of dosing
- A personal connection
- The history of cultivation of lemons in Europe
- Lemon production in Murcia
- The cultivation process
- The technology used in the process
- Reducing the need for chemicals and pesticides
- The varieties and taste of Spanish lemons
Foods That Contribute to Anxiety
- Refined and processed sugar
- Alternatives to processed sugar
- Red and processed meats
- How to Implement change
- Ensuring that nutrients are still being consumed
- How quickly will you see results?
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Timothy Ko and Entheon go here.
To learn more about Jose Antonio Garcia go here.
To learn more about Heather Lillico go here.