Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 19 and 20, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss Dr. Gordon Chang’s philosophy of health and wellness; non-monogamous and polyamorous relationships with Carlyle Jansen; exercise for those suffering with arthritis with Dr. Erin Boynton and the importance of choosing the right cutting board with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen
We specifically discuss:
A Philosophy of Health and Wellness
- Nutraceuticals and supplements aren’t “magic bullets”
- A holistic approach to health
- “Building a Wall”
- The safety efficacies of nutraceuticals
- Reactions to nutraceuticals and supplements
- How do consumers assess the quality of supplements?
- Quality control of nutraceuticals
- Does it matter if the supplement is organic?
Non-Monogamous and Polyamorous Relationships
- Are we really just talking about “cheating”?
- How common are non-monogamous relationships?
- The terminology of non-monogamous relationships
- The keys to success for non-monogamous relationships
- How do you broach the subject?
- What happens if there is disagreement?
Exercise and Arthritis
- What is arthritis?
- Do you have to stop exercising if you have arthritis?
- Does exercise help cure arthritis?
- What is the purpose of exercise if you have arthritis?
- Changing how you exercise
- Preparing your body for future exercise
- What if the pain is significant?
- Is building muscle strength relevant?
- Is there a risk that exercise will make arthritis worse?
- What factors should be considered when deciding to stop an exercise?
Choosing the Right Cutting Board
- Why do you want a good cutting board?
- What types of cutting board should you avoid?
- What should you look for in a cutting board?
- The composition of your cutting board
- Maintenance of cutting boards
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To read articles by Carlyle Jansen go here
To learn more about Dr. Erin Boynton go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here.