Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 23 and 24, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to fix ourselves collectively with Mat Rosenblatt, how to stop a panic attack with Heather Lillico, fitness trends that emerged out of the lockdown with Dr. Stacy Irvine and what we learned about the restaurant industry as a result of the pandemic with Vito Marinuzzi
We specifically discuss:
Fixing Ourselves Collectively
- What are the collateral impacts of Covid-19?
- What else are we dealing with collectively?
- The eroding faith in the pillars of society
- A utopian view of society
- Small steps towards big changes
- Obstacles lead to opportunities
How To Stop a Panic Attack
- What it’s like to have a panic attack
- Symptoms of a panic attack
- How do panic attacks impact your life?
- What are the triggers of panic attacks?
- How do you stop a panic attack?
- Grounding: the 5-4-3-2-1 technique
- Switching to the parasympathetic system
- Acknowledging the panic attack as it happens
- Breathing techniques
- What do you do after a panic attack occurs?
- Is there a way to prevent panic attacks?
Lockdown Fitness Trends
- Taking the initiative
- Home workouts
- The Mirror
- Livestreaming fitness classes
- Winter sporting equipment runs and shortages
- Covid Puppies
What The Pandemic Taught Us About the Restaurant Industry
- The team is an asset
- Rest vs. the “hustle”
- The pivot to takeout
- Can you plan for the future?
- post Covid trends
To learn more about Mat Rosenblatt go here.
To learn more about Heather Lillico go here
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine go here.
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi go here.