Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 30 and 31, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how to boost your daily energy with Dr. Gordon Chang; cooking without a recipe with Naomi Bussin, how to turn a failure into a learning experience with Rod MacDonald and ideas for entertaining during Covid-19 with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen
We specifically discuss:
Boosting Your Daily Energy
- Caffeine doesn’t really help with energy
- Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Astralagus etc.
- B vitamins – B complex and ATP
- Are energy boosting nutraceuticals safe?
Cooking Without a Recipe
- Why would somebody cook without a recipe?
- Why would somebody cook with a recipe?
- Fundamental techniques – building block cook books
- Having basic ingredients on hand
Turning a Failure into a Learning Experience
- How do people look at failure?
- How does failure affect people?
- What is failure?
- The insights of a coach
Entertaining During Covid-19
- Dinner clubs
- Virtual Potlucks
- Cocktail parties
- Cooking from family heirloom recipes
- Virtual/online games
- Ordering from the same restaurant, virtually
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To read Rod MacDonald’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.