Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 6 and 7, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss vitamin K2 MK-7 and your heart with Joel Thuna, treating Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) with Dr. Robert Foster, setting a mindful intention with Tracey Soghrati and cooking with sweet potatoes with Shauna Lindzon
We specifically discuss:
Vitamin K2 MK-7 and Your Heart
- What is the role of your cardiovascular system to your overall health?
- How can we improve our cardiovascular health?
- Supplements for cardiovascular health
- Vitamin K2 MK7
- Healthier Arteries
- Better blood flow
- Reducing risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Lower blood pressure
- Regulating blood sugar
- Herbal remedies: Garlic, Turmeric and Hawthorne
- Minerals: Magnesium and Potassium
- Omega Fatty Acids
- Why is it critical that we have optimal liver function?
- What is nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)?
- Is NASH a “lifestyle disease”?
- What does NASH do to your body?
- How do you diagnose NASH?
- Is there a way to prevent or reverse NASH?
- Treatments for NASH
- Research into NASH
Setting a Mindful Intention
- What is the difference between intentions and goals?
- Can the process be a goal?
- How does setting intentions change our lives?
- Bridging Intentions and goals
- Addictive behaviours
- What are realistic expectations for setting a mindful intention?
- Tolerating and coping with uncertainty
Cooking with Sweet Potatoes
- What is the difference nutritionally between potatoes and sweet potatoes?
- Roasting sweet potatoes
- Grilling sweet potatoes
- Root vegetable medley
- Salads with cruciferous vegetables
- Sweet potato brownies
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Robert Foster and Hepion go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.