Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 20 and 21, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss challenges in the Canadian health care sector with George Barakat, the Covid-19 vaccines with Adarsh Shah, the connection between anxiety and sex with Carlyle Jansen and the intolerance of uncertainty with Tracey Soghrati
We specifically discuss:
Challenges in the Canadian Health Care Sector
- What challenges face the Canadian health care industry?
- Health equity, health care spending, evolving patient expectations and an aging population
- What challenges face Canadian health care practitioners?
- Telemedicine and the coordination of patient records
- What challenges face Canadian patients?
- The concept of “Patient First”
- Technological solutions
The Covid-19 Vaccines
- Which vaccines are Canadians getting?
- The vaccination schedule
- Does the vaccine inject a virus into our system?
- MRNA technology
- How is the Pfizer vaccine different from the flu vaccine?
- Efficacy rates of Covid-19 vaccine
- Is the Covid-19 vaccines working across all age groups?
- What does the Covid-19 vaccine shot feel like?
- How long does the vaccine take to work?
- Do we have to wear a mask if we’ve received the vaccine?
- Are the vaccines effective against Covid-19 variants?
Anxiety and Sex
- Is it common for people to feel anxiety about sex?
- Anxiety with new existing partners and existing sexual partners
- How does anxiety manifest during sex?
- Diminished desire
- The 5-4-3-2-1 exercise
- Mindfulness and breathing exercises
- Better Sex Through Mindfulness
- Move the focus to pleasure instead of orgasm
- Are we capable of learning how to experience pleasure?
- Healthy lifestyle leads to confidence and lowering anxiety
The Intolerance of Uncertainty
- What is intolerance of uncertainty?
- Doubt and uncertainty is regarded negatively: worrying becomes a positive
- Ruminating vs. worrying
- How does intolerance to uncertainty manifest?
- Preferring the certainty of a bad outcome over uncertainty
- Fear of delegation
- Set a goal to increase tolerance to uncertainty
- Mindfulness: learning to accept, open awareness, practice being with uncertainty
For more information about show sponsor Jack Nathan Health and George Barakat go here.
To learn more about Ultramatic and Adarsh Shah go here.
To read articles by Carlyle Jansen in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here