Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 20 and 21 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss thyroid health and endocrine balance with Dr. Eldon Dahl ND, gender and diversity in orthopedic surgery with Dr. Erin Boynton, whether pornography is healthy with Carlyle Jansen and the top tips for spring cleaning with Gloria Czomko
We specifically discuss:
Thyroid Health and Endocrine Balance
- What are the main glands of the endocrine system and how do they function?
- Pituitary gland is the master gland
- Why is thyroid disease so prevalent today?
- Synthroid and natural thyroid products
- Why are auto-immune disorders skyrocketing?
- What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
- What are the symptoms of hyperthyroidism?
- “Adrenal fatigue”
Gender and Diversity in Orthopedic Surgery
- Inequities in health care
- Female orthopedic surgeons in Canada
- The gender pay gap
- How do women practice medicine differently?
- Gender and diversity issues for patients
Is Pornography Healthy?
- Is pornography healthy for the performer?
- technology and ethical pornography
- “fair trade” pornography
- Pornhub and the monetization of pornography
- Cherry Stems
- Pink Label TV
- Is pornography unhealthy for viewers
- Is paying for pornography ethical?
Top Tips for Spring Cleaning
- Why do some people dread the spring cleaning process?
- What are the biggest challenges to conducting a spring cleaning?
- What do you need to do in advance of the cleaning?
- Getting rid of furniture
- Apps: Garage Sale, Declutter, BySellNow, Poshmark
- Consignment shops
- Toxic Taxi
- Dr. Thym
- Better Life Cleaner
- Simply Clean
- DYI solutions
To learn more about Dr. Eldon Dahl ND and LifeChoice go here.
To learn more about Dr. Erin Boynton go here.
To read articles written by Carlyle Jansen in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Gloria Czomko go here.