Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 27 and 28, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the benefits of a digestive system cleanse with Alexandra Leon, the importance of nutrition for those suffering with diabetes with Maha Saade, reclining chairs with Adarsh Shah and the top new superfoods with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND
Digestive System Cleanses
- What is the goal of a digestive cleanse?
- The liver (and gall bladder), kidney and colon
- Are cleanses about weight loss?
- What are the health benefits of a cleanse?
- Is cleansing for everybody?
- When and how often should you cleanse?
- What does a cleanse feel like?
- What are the side effects of a cleanse?
- What should you look for in a cleanse?
Nutrition for those with Diabetes
- Why is it important for people to consider their nutrition?
- Why do people with diabetes need to be careful about what they eat?
- What can people do to monitor and improve their nutrition intake?
- Does better nutrition mean that we have to give up our favourite foods?
- For more information visit Diabetes Canada
- Do people sleep in chairs?
- Is it okay for people to sleep in a chair?
- What is a power recliner?
- Do recliners improve your health?
- Can recliners help you sleep?
- Are there lifestyle benefits to a recliner chair?
- What should you look for in a recliner?
Top New Superfoods
To learn more about Alexandra Leon and Nutripur go here.
To learn more about the Freestyle Libre go here.
To learn more about Adarsh Shah and Ultramitic go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.