Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 29 and 30, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the connection between sleep and aging with Adarsh Shah, planning a harvest theme for your vegetable garden with Melissa Cameron, how to minimize the side effects of Covid-19 vaccinations with Dr. Aimee Harris-Newon and adopting eco-conscious habits in the home with Candice Best.
We specifically discuss:
Sleep and Aging
- Sleep and life stages
- Factors impacting sleep
- The stages of the sleep cycle
- How does age impact sleep?
- Sleep affecting age
- Research into sleep and age
- Sleep tips for aging adults
Planning A Harvest Theme For Your Vegetable Garden
- The benefits and examples of themed edible gardens
- Worms and worm castings
- Space for themed edible garden
- Timing of planting edible gardens
- Tea gardens
- Smoothie Gardens
- Changing your gardens mid-season: cycling and sowing and reaping
Minimizing The Side Effects of Covid-19 Vaccinations
- What are the extreme and common reactions to Covid-19 vaccines?
- Are the mild symptoms to be expected?
- Preventing the common symptoms
- Are the side effects reason enough not to get the vaccine?
- How do you deal with post-vaccine fatigue?
- More serious side effects that require diligence
- Meditation, Mindfulness, and relaxation techniques
Adopting Eco-Conscious Habits in the Home
- The “little things” we all can do (if we want to)
- Taking stock of our consumption habits
- Avoiding single use plastics
- Packaging and refill options, package free shops
- Food waste
- Growing your own food
- Unplugging electronic devices
- Reduce, Re-use, Recycle…Refuse…and Reimagine
For more information about show sponsor Ultramatic and Adarsh Shah go here.
To learn more about Melissa Cameron go here.
To learn more about Dr. Aimee Harris-Newon go here.
To to follow Candice Best on twitter go here.