Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 31 and August 1, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to battle energy drains with Joel Thuna, how medication and food can affect sleep with Adarsh Shah, how to find the right volunteer opportunity with Brigitte Foisy and our “Hot Vax” Summer for relationships with Carlyle Jansen
We specifically discuss:
Battling Energy Drains
- Do we have enough energy?
- Stimulants: sugar and caffeine
- Protein – instead of sugar
- Spices – instead of caffeine
- Laughter is the best medicine
- Vitamins and minerals
- Vitamin B12 – sublingual, active
Food and Medication Affecting Sleep
- Evaluation sleep quality (SLIM): Start, Length, Intensity and Maintenance
- Tracking deep sleep
- Medication impacting sleep
- Food affecting sleep
- Medications that include stimulants
- Beta blockers
- What do you do if medications are affecting your sleep?
- Sleep aids
- Foods that help with sleep: tart cherries and kiwis
Finding the Right Volunteer Opportunity
- Identifying your goals and interests
- Make a list of issues that you care about
- Where do you look for opportunities?
- Charity Village
- Go Volunteer
- Local opportunities
- How much time should you devote to volunteering?
- How can you make an impact in our own community?
The “Hot Vax Summer” of Relationships
- How has Covid-19 affected relationships?
- Vaccines impacting relationships
- Are people interacting more now?
- Is everyone ready for things to open up?
- Are people out of practice with their social skills?
- Consent in a sexual context: FRIES
- How are people’s anxieties manifesting?
- Are people looking for new types of connections?
- Safe sex is still paramount
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Adarsh Shah and Ultramatic go here.
To learn more about Brigitte Foisy go here.
To read articles written by Carlyle Jansen in Tonic Magazine go here.