Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 21 and 22, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss the natural treatment of stress (and why we’re doing so again) with Dr. Krista Mackay ND, whether sex is important to your relationship with Carlyle Jansen, treating Dowager’s Hump with Dr. Erin Boynton and quick Summer pasta sauces with Carolyn Tanner Cohen
We specifically discuss:
Why We’re Talking About Stress (Again)
- Why are we talking about stress…again?
- Acute stress vs. chronic stress
- Does the adrenal system work the same way for men and women?
- What is ‘adrenal fatigue’?
- Lifestyle choices to aid adrenal fatigue: Exercise, Diet, Mindfulness etc.
- Vitamin B Complex,
- What should consumers look for in purchasing supplements to deal with stress?
Is Sex Important to a Relationship?
- The priorities of relationships
- Are sexless relationships common?
- Is it okay to go without sex in your relationship?
- When sexual needs don’t coincide
- Conceptualizing why sex is important
- Alternatives of sexual expression
- Is it as simple as making sex a priority?
Treating Dowager’s Hump
- What is a Dowager’s Hump?
- Why is Dowager’s Hump bad for you?
- Is Dowager’s Hump fixable?
- The causes of Dowager’s Hump
- Sleeping on your back
- Which practitioners can help?
- Activating muscles: fascial stretches
- Guy Voyer’s exercises
- Tennis balls in a sock
- The ramifications of not treating Dowager’s Hump
Quick Summer Pasta Sauces
- The single ingredient approach
- Pasta shapes and textures
- Cooking pasta properly
- Barbecued tomato sauce
- Pea + bocconcini
- Corn + parmesan
- Raw Summer squash + goat cheese
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
To learn more about Dr. Krista Mackay ND go here
To read articles by Carlyle Jansen in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Erin Boynton go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here