Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 5 and 6, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how to treat a libido under stress with Dr. Gordon Chang, whether it is necessary to change our diet as we age with Shauna Lindzon, naturopathy as it interconnects with allopathy with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND and mindfulness, middle age and self-actualization with Tracey Soghrati.
We specifically discuss:
Your Libido Under Stress
- How is Covid-19 (stress) affecting your libido?
- Lifestyle approaches to reducing stress
- How does stress manifest in the body?
- Herbs to help with sleep
- Exercise to relieve stress
- “Libido” herbs- natural aphrodisiacs
- Increasing testosterone production
- Antioxidants to fight free radicals
Should We Change Our Diets As We Age?
- Do our nutritional needs change as we age?
- Muscle to fat ratios change
- Vitamins B12 and D
- Eating a variety of whole foods
- Changing taste and digestion
- Eat at the same time each day
Naturopathy and Allopathy
- The differences between Naturopathic and Allopathic doctors
- What do Naturopathic doctors treat?
- Do Naturopathic and Allopathic doctors work together?
- Why would you want both an Allopathic and Naturopathic doctor?
- What should you look for in a Naturopathic doctor?
Mindfulness, Middle Age and Self Actualization
- What is self-actualization?
- Abraham Maslow: The Needs Hierarchy
- Are we all capable of transformation?
- Why is middle age the time for self-actualization?
- What does a self-actualized person look like?
- The state of “awe”
- Being comfortable in your own skin
- Being present and comfortable with yourself
- Being happy in the process rather than focusing on the goals
- What is the “mindful self”?
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.