Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 19 and 20, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the health benefits of ginseng with Joel Thuna, part 2 of our exploration of sports injury triage with Dr. Stacy Irvine, dealing with uncertainty (in uncertain times) with Rod Macdonald and how to navigate sex during a pandemic with Carlyle Jansen
We specifically discuss:
The Health Benefits of Ginseng
- What is ginseng?
- White vs. red ginseng
- “True” ginseng: “panax” ginseng vs. other ginseng
- Imperial ginseng/Asian ginseng
- North American ginseng
- Siberian Ginseng
- Ashwagandha/Indian Ginseng
- Brazilian Ginseng/Suma
- Which ginseng should you take?
Sports Injury Triage Part 2
- For Part 1 go here
- Shin splints
- Pulled hamstring
- Tight hip flexors
- Neck Pain
Dealing With Uncertainty (During Uncertain Times)
- Why is uncertainty such a challenge for people to deal with?
- The threshold of tolerance
- What strategies can we employ to deal with uncertainty?
- What can you do in the moment?
- Who can you turn to for support?
Navigating Sex During a Pandemic
- How is Covid-19 impacting our sexual relationships?
- “Cuffing Season”
- New questions and considerations in finding a partner
- Monogamous relationships
- Stress and the libido
- Is sex and intimacy even more important now?
- Should we really be wearing masks during sex?
- Are there risks of sexual transmission of Covid-19?
- Long distance sex and other options
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine go here
To read Rod Macdonald’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To read Carlyle Jansen’s articles in Tonic Magazine, go here