Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on June 5 and 6, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss why we should supplement with Dr. Gordon Chang, moving towards better mental health in two sentences with Kevin Frankish, why your muscles are so tight with Dr. Erin Boynton and the essence of mindfulness with Tracey Soghrati
We specifically discuss:
- Why should we take supplements?
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Macro-nutrition and Micro-nutrition
- Vitamins that flow through the system
- Mega dosing
Better Mental Health in Two Sentences
- “You are not alone”
- “It can be okay”
- Why is it important to feel that we’re not alone?
- Getting support is not a sign of weakness
- Hope vs. Depression
- How do you create a sense of hope?
- Post Pandemic expectations
Why Are Your Muscles So Tight?
- What is the “hamstring”?
- How do we know if our muscles are tight?
- Why do people have tight hamstrings?
- We sit too much
- Will stretching solve the problem?
- Exercise: bridges, squats, wall sits
- Tightness after massage
- Will hamstring tightness impact other parts of the body?
- Activating your quadriceps muscles
The Essence of Mindfulness
- Is mindfulness for everyone?
- Self criticism is problematic
- Stillness is difficult for those with PTSD
- Compassion and curiosity
- Acceptance and awareness
- Loving kindness
- Open monitoring and focused attention
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Kevin Frankish and his blog go here.
To learn more about Dr. Erin Boynton go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.