Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 25/26, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the dangers of calcification with Ian Clark, how to get a good night’s sleep, naturally with Alexandra Leon, treating Achilles Tendonitis with Dr. Erin Boynton and how to choose the right charity to contribute to with Brigitte Foisy
We specifically discuss:
The Dangers of Calcification
- What is the largest organ in the body?
- Calcification – hardening of the arteries
- The magnesium-calcium connection
- What are people doing wrong?
- Transdermal magnesium
- Vitamin K2-MK7
- A concept of “equity”
- Recharging: sleep
How To Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- What is important to know about sleep?
- The circadian cycle
- What is necessary for proper sleep?
- What dysregulates the circadian cycle?
- Digestive problems impacting sleep
- Chamomile, timing of eating
- Stress activates the nervous system
- Valerian and Passion flower
- Aches and pains
- Exercise, stretching, Magnesium
- Sleep hygiene – light reduction and temperature
Treating Achilles Tendonitis
- The Achilles tendon
- What is tendonitis?
- What are the symptoms of Achilles Tendonitis?
- How do you diagnose Achilles Tendonitis?
- How to release the tendon -look to the glutes
- Does stretching help?
- Does walking help?
- Getting to the root problem
- Footwear choices
- Consulting with an orthopedic surgeon – people rarely require surgery
- The efficacies of cortisone treatment
Choosing the Right Charity to Support
- Why is it important to pick the “right” charity?
- Research the organization online: “what are people saying?”
- Mission service and programs
- Review financial statements
- Should you only contribute to audited charities?
- What are the questions to ask before you cut your check?
- Preferred threshold: under 30% of revenue going to administration
- What is the best method of donating?
- Canada Helps
To learn more about Ian Clark and Activation Products go here.
To learn more about Alexandra Leon and Nutripur go here.
To learn more about Dr. Erin Boyton go here
To learn more about Brigitte Foisy go here.