Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 20 and 21, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how to age gracefully through supplements with Dr. Gordon Chang, which cookbooks are best to give as holiday gifts with Naomi Bussin, the treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome with Dr. Erin Boynton and has Covid-19 changed the way we look at relationships with Carlyle Jansen.
We specifically discuss:
Aging Gracefully Through Supplements
- What is the role of supplements as we age?
- Giving the body the raw materials it needs to rebuild
- When should we start supplementation?
- Joint health and osteoporosis
- Cognitive health
- Hydration and exercise
- The ability to consume and absorb nutrients decreases
- How do you keep your skin soft and supple?
- Antioxidants vs. free radical damage
- B Vitamins: ATP generation
- Vitamin D3
The Annual Holiday Cookbook Gift Guide
- What are the current cookbook trends?
- Simple and Easy
- No Recipe Recipes by Sam Sifton
- Cook This Book by Molly Baz
- Conveniently Delicious by Devin Connell
- Plant Based
- The Weekday Vegetarian by Jenny Rosenstrach
- Vegetable Simple by Eric Ripert
- To Asia, With Love by Heddy McKinnon
- The Korean Vegan by Joanne Lee Molinaro
- Provecho: by Edgar Castrejon
- La Dolce e Vita by Letitia Clark
- Sweet Salty and Simple by Dorie Greenspan
The Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- How do you diagnose Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- What are the risk factors to developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- What are the ramifications of not dealing with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- Would squeezing a ball to strengthen hand muscles help?
- Would splinting help?
- Ergonomics and posture
- Is surgery the best treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- How long does Carpal Tunnel Syndrome take to resolve?
- Cortisone treatment
- The surgery process
Has Covid-19 Changed the Way We Think About Relationships?
- Has Covid-19 changed the way we think about relationships?
- Roles in relationships
- Routine changes
- Gender roles
- Impact on health
- Finance, employment
- Youth socialization
- Dating and relationships
- The impact on our sex lives
- Higher divorce rates
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To read the 2021 Holiday Cookbook Gift Guide by Naomi Bussin in The Tonic go here.
To learn more about Dr. Erin Boynton go here.
To read the most recent article by Carlyle Jansen in The Tonic go here.