Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 27 and 28 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how how to overcome behaviour barriers to medical adherence with Dr. Michael Vallis, your gut microbiome with Shauna Lindzon, how to make people feel loved with Dr. Lise Janelle and the connection between your mind, body, spirit and your health with Joseph Kehoe
We specifically discuss:
Overcoming Behaviour Barriers to Medical Adherence
- Studying medical non-adherence
- The types of medicines that patients take for chronic conditions
- What are the reasons that patients can’t adhere to regimens
- Factors that impact adherence: capability, opportunity and motivation
- The needs and concerns analysis
- Covid and shifting concerns
- The emotional burden of taking medication for chronic conditions
- Overcoming guilt and stigma
- The emotional power of non-adherence
- How do the barriers impact treatment?
Your Gut Microbiome
- The gut-brain axis
- The Vagus (not Vegas) nerve
- Mindful eating
- Probiotic Chart (a reference site)
How To Make Someone Feel Loved
- Happy partners and happy relationships
- What is the most important thing to make someone feel loved?
- The 5 love languages
- Filling up one’s “love tank”
- Men and women have different love languages
- The importance of love
The Connection Between Mind, Body, Spirit and Your Health
- The spirit, mind and body
- How does mind interconnect with the body?
- How does the spirit come into the picture?
- Unconditional kindness
- How does this influence our health?
- How do you prioritize supporting spirituality?
- Family karma – inherited energy patterns
To learn more about Dr. Michael Vallis go here
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Dr. Lise Janelle go here
To learn more about Joseph Kehoe’s Mind, Body and Spirit work go here.