Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 9, 2017 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how lifestyle can help prevent pre-Diabetes and its progression to type 2 Diabetes with Master Herbalist, Joel Thuna; Finding the right cookbook as a holiday gift for your favourite home chef with Tonic Cookbook Reviewer Naomi Bussin; and Cannabis myths in a post-truth world with Tonic Medical Marijuana expert Michael Murchison
We specifically discuss:
Lifestyle Changes and Diabetes:
- What is pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for developing pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes?
- What are the lifestyle changes that help prevent pre-Diabetes?
- What dietary changes can help prevent pre-Diabetes?
- What supplements can help prevent pre-Diabetes?
- Soluble Fiber and Milk Thistle Extract Capsules
The Best Cookbook Gifts for the Holidays:
- What new cookbook spoke to Naomi the most?
- What cookbook should you buy for the baker?
- What cookbook should you buy for the food nerd?
- What cookbook is right for Millennials?
- What do we know about Cannabis and why don’t we know more?
- What are the health benefits of medical marijuana?
- What are the health risks of medical marijuana?
- What are the strains of marijuana and how can they affect you differently?
- The myths of the Indica and Sativa strains
For Joel’s article about Diabetes in Tonic Magazine go here.
For Naomi’s article on Cookbook Gifts in Tonic Magazine go here.
For Michael’s article on Cannabis Myths in Tonic Magazine go here.
A SPECIAL OFFER! Show sponsor, Pure-Le Natural, is offering $10 off of online orders over $50, with free shipping. The offer is good until the end of January 2018. go here and enter the code “THE TONIC”.