Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 13, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about the secrets of beautiful skin with Dr. Gordon Chang, intermittent fasting with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND, mindfulness and gratitude with Tracey Soghrati and the best farmers markets in Toronto with Megan Horsley
We specifically discuss:
The Secrets of Beautiful Skin:
- Renewing skin from the inside
- Free Radicals
- Antioxidants in the skin
- Vitamins B, C, D, E, Omega 3 Oils,
- Minerals – Silicon, Zinc, Copper
- Collagen – elasticity of skin
- Sources of Collagen
- Acne – plugged up glands
- Hyaluronic Acid
- What is intermittent fasting?
- Is intermittent fasting dieting?
- What is the theory of intermittent fasting?
- 16/8 intermittent fasting
- 5/2 intermittent fasting
- Does intermittent fasting work for everyone?
- What are the difficulties of intermittent fasting?
- What sort of results can one expect?
- What are the drawbacks/contraindications to intermittent fasting?
Mindfulness and Gratitude:
- How do you describe gratitude?
- The negativity bias
- Mindfulness vs. negativity
- Gratitude in the context of marriage
- Bringing attention to things you take for granted
- People with gratitude have more energy
- Gratitude and wellness
- Limitations of mindfulness
- The actual practice of gratitude
Toronto’s Best Farmers Markets:
- Advantages of going to a farmers market
- Fresh foods
- Withrow Farmers Market
- Unique products
- Evergreen/Brickworks Farmers Market
- Communication with Farmers/Education
- Supporting farmers
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski go here
To read Dr Emily Lipinski’s article in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here
To read Megan Horsley’s article in Tonic Magazine go here