Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 8 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we talk detox with Joel Thuna, the top times for gym newbies with Kathleen Trotter, yoga breathing with Jelayna DaSilva, and preparing for an empty nest with Lesley Sandler-Griff.
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin
We specifically discuss:
- What is a detox?
- Detox vs. Cleanse
- Why do you need to detox?
- How are we exposed to toxins?
- Chemical synergy
- The body’s ability to naturally detoxify
- organs that detoxify: liver, kidneys, colon, skin
- liver support
- kidney support
- colon support
- kosher products
Top Tips for Gym Newbies
- We’re all newbies at some point?
- Finding your fit: “do you”
- Learning a mindset to work out
- circuits sets, reps
- keeping a journal
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Love Life
- The day to day practice of mindfulness
- Breath work
- Breathing techniques
- Methods to reduce stress
- Trying too hard: immediate gratification
- How your approach to mindfulness can be problematic
- Meditation apps
PURE BEAUTY: Dark Damage
Preparing for an Empty Nest:
- Maintaining couple-hood
- The changes that come with an empty nest
- Free time
- new roles in the home
- changes in finances
- changing environment
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s article on detoxing in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Jelayna’s article on yoga breathing in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.
To learn more about Lesley Sandler-Griff go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.