Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 4 and 5, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss detoxing after holiday overindulgence with Dr. Gordon Chang, the health benefits of Oil of Oregano with Roger Baird, cooking with fruit in Winter with Naomi Bussin and how mindfulness can help you make changes or evolve with Tracey Soghrati
We specifically discuss:
- What does it mean to detox?
- Why should you detox?
- The body’s pathways for detoxification
- The liver’s role in detoxification
- The process of detoxification – toxins created by the body
- Is there value in cleansing?
- Exercise as detox
- Milk Thistle and other herbs for liver health
- The results of detoxing
The Health Benefits of Oil of Oregano
- Wild Oil of Oregano
- What are the chemical compounds found in Oil of Oregano that are beneficial?
- Antioxidant – Immune system
- Antibacterial, Antiviral
- Contra-indications, allergic sensitivities
Cooking With Fruit in Winter
- Dappled, Nicole Rucker
- Sweeter Off The Vine, Yossy Arefi
- Dried fruit
- Dates – Caramelized Date Cake, Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Dried Cherries – Soft Chocolate, Cherry, Almond cookies
- Frozen fruit
- Seasonal fruit available in Winter
- Lemons and other citrus
- Apples and Pears
Mindfulness as a Tool to Help You Evolve
- How does mindfulness help with change?
- Being aware in the present moment
- The psychological allergy to change
- Change and the unknown
- Embracing change and vulnerability
- The window of tolerance
- The domains of your life
- Atomic Habits, James Clear
- The 1% Change Rule
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Hedd Wynn and Oil of Oregano go here.
To read articles written by Naomi Bussin in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.