Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 2 and 3, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss vitamin K2 MK-7 and your lungs with Joel Thuna, how to beat cooking fatigue with Naomi Bussin, Cannabis and the treatment of pain with Dr. Mark Ware and a mindful year in review with Tracey Soghrati
We specifically discuss:
Vitamin K2 MK-7 and Your Lungs
- Vitamin K2
- What do our lungs do?
- What can negatively impact your lungs?
- How does Covid-19 impact your lungs?
- What do your lungs need to work properly?
- MK-7 and calcium
- How much MK-7 do we need?
- MK-7 and Covid-19
How to Combat Cooking Fatigue
- Favourite chefs and bloggers
- Sheet Pan Chicken, Cathy Erway
- Diala’s Kitchen, Diala Canelo
- East, Meera Sodha
Cannabis and the Treatment of Pain
- What do we know about cannabis and chronic pain?
- CBD and THC
- How does cannabis compare to traditional pain treatments?
- Clinical vs. empirical studies of cannabis
- Recreational cannabis and self-medication
- Consult with a medical practitioner
- Anxiety and stress
- Where can Canadians get more information about medical cannabis?
A Mindful Year in Review
- Why is self-reflection so important?
- Cognitive fusion
- Avoiding self-judgment
- Unconditional positive self-regard
- Curiosity inventory
- Perceptions of self-care
- Underlying belief systems
- How to execute a curiosity inventory
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read articles by Naomi Bussin in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Mark Ware go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.