Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 13, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about fiber and parasites with Dr. Gordon Chang, spiralizing vegetables with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen, why some restaurants succeed where others fail with Vito Marinuzzi and dating in the modern age with Carlyle Jansen.
We specifically discuss:
Fiber and Parasites:
- What is an intestinal parasite?
- When are parasites a problem?
- How do you get a parasite?
- Who is susceptible to parasites?
- Foods that move parasites out of your system
- Parasite Cleanse
- Why swap out noodles for vegetables?
- spiralizing vegetables
- zucchini cacio e pepe
- sweet potato shoestring fries
- spaghetti squash
Restaurants That Succeed:
- Restaurants that have that “chemistry”
- Restaurants as theater
- Opening a restaurant
- Where’s the bar?
- Layout vs. design
- Mistakes that restaurants make
Dating in the Modern Age:
- Digital tools for dating
- False dating profiles
- Benefits to the technology
- What type of dating sites are out there?
- Tips for using the dating apps
- Best advice to begin digital dating
- Is there still room for traditional dating?
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here
To read Carlyle Jansen’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi go here