Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 7 and 8, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the natural approach to dealing with holiday overindulgence with Dr. Gordon Chang, battling loneliness by learning to live in the present moment with Bob Douglas, natural skin care with Emily Lipinski ND, and how to eat out in Toronto for under $100 a couple.
We specifically discuss:
- How do people typically overindulge during the Holiday season?
- Preventative lifestyle choices: mindfulness, sleep, relaxation, exercise
- Herbal remedies for stress
- Boosting the immune system
- Natural remedies to prevent overeating
- Natural treatment of hangover
Loneliness vs. Living In the Present Moment
- Modern society and loneliness
- Communication vs. connection
- We don’t know ourselves
- Anxiety prevents our grounding
- Fixating on the past or worrying about the future
- The School of Practical Philosophy
- Being in the present moment
Natural Skin Care
- Natural barriers and moisturizers for dry skin
- Beneficial bacteria on skin
- Dietary approach to treating Eczema
- Reducing inflammation through diet and reducing stress
Eating Well in Toronto for Under $100
- What are the factors causing restaurant food costs to rise?
- Skip the appetizers, sides and add-ons
- Skipping Saturday Night
- Brunch and Lunch vs. Dinner
- Stay away from the high rent districts
- Ethnic foods – Peruvian, Pakistani, South Indian, Ethiopian
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about the School of Practical Philosophy go here.
To learn more about Emily Lipinski ND go here.
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi go here.