Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 28 and September 29, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the natural treatment of pain and inflammation with Dr. Gordon Chang, Fall food swaps for more energy with Megan Horsely, burning questions about Burning Man with Mat Rosenblatt and the hottest restaurant trends in Toronto with Vito Marinuzzi
We specifically discuss:
The Natural Treatment of Joint Pain and Inflammation
- Acute Inflammation
- Sub-clinical and Chronic Inflammation
- How do you keep inflammation in check?
Fall Food Swaps for More Energy
- Sugar and salt cravings
- Cortisol spikes
- Swapping out refined sugar
- Swap in whole foods and unrefined sugar
- Energy balls
- Swapping out salty snacks
- Kale chips, root vegetable chips etc.
- Swapping out the caffeine
Burning Questions About Burning Man
- What is Burning Man?
- What is the idea behind Burning Man?
- The art and music of Burning Man
- The misconceptions about Burning Man?
- Participation and community at Burning Man
- Information about Burning Man
The Hottest Restaurant Trends in Toronto
- Tighter margins but busy times
- More vegetables and fish on the menu
- Straws and eco-containers
- The cost of environmentally friendly products
- Expanding brand – expanding locations
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To read Megan Horsely’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Mat Rosenblatt’s happy place “Burning Man” go here.
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi go here.