Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 1 and 2, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the health efficacies of vitamin K2D3 with Ian Clark, how yoga can help foster emotional agility with Jelayna DaSilva, Spring eating with Shauna Lindzon and setting reasonable fitness goals in your 40’s, 50’s and 60’s with Dr. Stacy Irvine
We specifically discuss:
- What is Vitamin K2D3?
- How does Vitamin K2D3 work?
- Which organs impacted by Vitamin K2D3?
- Bone mineralization and preserving bone integrity
- Immune support
- The cardio-vascular system: calcification
Yoga and Emotional Agility
- What is emotional agility?
- What is the role of emotion?
- Should we act on our emotions?
- How can we act on and communicating our emotions?
- Emotional granularity
- The role of yoga
- Breath exercises
- Spring produce
- Greenhouse grown produce
- Strawberries and asparagus!
- (a bit of off-topic digression)
- Buying local
- Delivery boxes
Fitness Goals For Your 40’s, 50’s and 60’s
- Exercising in your 40’s – efficiency and maintenance
- A reasonable workout schedule
- What changes in your 50’s?
- Muscle atrophy and sleep patterns
- Scaling back +warm up and cool downs
- Increasing mobility work
- The 60’s and beyond
- Balance and mobility
- Preventing falls and building bone mass
- Maintaining cardio ability
- Combining exercise with your social life
For more information about Ian Clark show sponsor Activation Products go here.
To learn more about Jelayna DaSilva go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine go here.