Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 18 and 19, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to improve your digestion with Joel Thuna, the efficacy of online pharmacies with Andy Donald, coping with loneliness with Carlyle Jansen and indoor rowing for your fitness with Jennifer Grosdanis
We specifically discuss:
Improving Your Digestion
- What is your digestive system?
- What are the sources of digestive complications?
- The impact of lifestyle choices
- Are digestive complications signs of bigger problems?
- Improving diet and physical activity and supplementation
- Organic, vegan, probiotics
- Ginger and peppermint for upset stomach
- What causes bloating?
- Dealing with bloating
- What causes constipation?
- Dealing with constipation
- Fiber and Psyllium
- Dealing with diarrhea
The Efficacy of Online Pharmacies
- What are the problems with customers accessing prescriptions?
- Online pharmacy as a solution
- How does an online pharmacy work?
- Province wide delivery within 24 hours
- The doctors’ role in the process
- Technical proficiency of users
- Family, caregivers and health custodians
- “the personal health companion” – dosing reminders
- Pharmacies monitoring vital signs
- Data protection
Coping With Loneliness
- Covid 19 restrictions and loneliness
- What does it mean to be lonely?
- Loneliness and depression
- Health risks of loneliness
- How many of us are lonely?
- Quantity vs. quality of connection
- What causes loneliness?
- Stigmatization of loneliness
- Normalizing of loneliness
- Is society facilitating loneliness?
Indoor Rowing for Fitness
- What is indoor rowing?
- The rowing machine – ERG
- How does rowing integrate into fitness
- Is rowing for everyone?
- Losing weight and building muscle
- Interval vs. distance training
- Pros and Cons of rowing
- Contraindications for rowing
- Collateral exercises – warm up, static stretching, core training, yoga
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Andy Donald and The Health Depot go here
To read articles by Carlyle Jansen in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Jennifer Grosdanis, go here