Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 8th and 9th, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about boosting energy with Dr. Gordon Chang; discuss why you should indulge over the holidays with Megan Horsley; learn all about vertical farming with Bob Legault and cannabis during Christmas with Rick Gillman. And there’s a Soul Segment too!
We specifically discuss:
Getting a Good Night’s Sleep:
- Why do we get less sleep this time of year?
- Sunlight and Vitamin D
- Stress of the season
- St. John’s Wort
- Kava Kava
- Lifestyle changes for sleep
- Sleep hygiene
- Why do we need to sleep?
Why You Should Indulge Over The Holidays:
- Why do some people dread this time of year?
- Setting up parameters
- Its the holidays (stupid) – enjoy
- Bring your own healthy food to the celebration
- Mixing it up for your metabolism – avoiding starvation mode
- Reducing fat or eating good fats
- Indulging before New Years
- What is vertical farming?
- LED lighting mimicking sunlight
- What are the benefits of vertical farming?
- Hydroponics and Aquaponics
- Recycling process
- Is vertical farming cost effective?
- Is this considered an organic product?
SOUL SEGMENT: Your Love Life
Cannabis and Christmas:
- What issues and problems are people dealing with this time of year?
- PTSD, Anxiety and Depression
- How does cannabis help with mental health issues?
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Cannabis strains for mental health issues
- Cannabis and interactions with alcohol
- Cannabis and gift giving
- Cannabis and the holiday celebrations
- Cannabis dosing in holiday foods
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To read Megan Horsley’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about vertical farming and Back 40 Growers go here.
To read Rick Gillman’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.