Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 13 and 14, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the natural treatment of diabetes with Joel Thuna, dealing with anxiety and stress with Alexandra Leon, cooking with chocolate with Carolyn Tanner Cohen and eco-friendly sleep options with Adarsh Shah
We specifically discuss:
The Natural Treatment of Diabetes
- Diabetes in Canada
- Type 1, 2 and 3 Diabetes
- How does Diabetes impact your health?
- Managing Type 2 Diabetes through lifestyle
- Diet recommendations: Carbohydrates, Salt and Fat
- Soluble and insoluble Fiber
- Vitamin K2-MK7
- Milk Thistle
Dealing With Anxiety and Stress
- Why do we experience stress?
- Why is stress problematic?
- How do people deal with stress?
- What are the negative effects of stress?
- Why is it difficult for us to stop stressing out?
- How do we break the stress cycle?
- Magnesium, L-theanin, Skull Cap, Linden and Chamomile.
Cooking With Chocolate
- What does chocolate bring to your cooking?
- Dutch process vs. natural cocoa powder
- How dark should the chocolate be that you cook with?
- Should you use “baking chocolate”?
- Preferred brands of chocolate
- Blocks, wafers, chips and bars
Eco-Friendly Sleep Options
- What are most mattresses made from?
- Can we use eco-friendly fabrics to make sleep products?
- The manufacturing process
- The wear and tear of natural fabrics
- Comfort as a factor
- Durability as a factor
- Organic and synthetic latex
- Organic certifications
- Recycling mattresses
- The “green premium”
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Alexandra Leon and Nutripur go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here.
To learn more about Adarsh Shah and Ultramatic go here.