Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 3 and 4, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss why Canadians with chronic ailments aren’t seeking treatment during Covid-19 with Dr. Alice Cheng, mindfulness and external boundaries with Tracey Soghrati, , the treatment of sprained ankles with Dr. Erin Boynton and how letting unpleasant memories impact our present and future with Rod MacDonald
We specifically discuss:
Why Canadians with Chronic Conditions Aren’t Getting Help
- Are Canadians reluctant to get help with their chronic conditions during Covid?
- Virtual healthcare
- Why 38% of those with chronic conditions are avoiding the health care system
- Covid related stress
- Who is most at risk at delaying healthcare?
- The limitations of virtual health care
- Is it safe to seek treatment and get testing
- What can we do to make sure that we’re not jeopardizing our health
Mindfulness and External Boundaries
- What are external boundaries?
- How external boundaries change over time
- The relationship between mindfulness and external boundaries
- Can everyone improve their awareness?
- Examples of external boundaries
- Suggestions on setting external boundaries
The Treatment of Sprained Ankles
- Ankle sprains and twisted ankles
- High ankle sprains
- What is the treatment for a rolled/sprained ankle?
- Isometric exercises
- When should you seek medical attention for a sprained ankle?
- Is it okay to walk on a sprained ankle?
- Is it necessary to get an X-ray?
- How long does it take for a sprained ankle to heal?
- Strengthening the muscles around the ankle
- What can we do to speed up the healing process
How Unpleasant Memories Can Impact Your Present and Future
- Revisiting unpleasant memories
- How can memories hold us back?
- The emotional elements of memories
- Modifying or reprogramming unpleasant memories
- How to modify our memories
To learn more about Dr. Alice Cheng go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To learn more about Dr. Erin Boynton go here.
To learn more about Rod MacDonald here.