Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 11 and 12, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss glucosamine and joint health with Dr. Gordon Chang, 3 common obstacles to weight loss for those over 40 with Dr. Sher Bovay, why refinancing your mortgage before retirement is important with Sarah Makhomet and knowing yourself with Tracey Soghrati.
We specifically discuss:
Glucosamine and Joint Health
- Why do we hear so much about joint pain this time of year?
- Which natural ingredients help with joint pain?
- Anti-inflammatories and Anti-oxidants
- What does glucosamine do?
- Natural sources of glucosamine
- Types of glucosamine
- Our body’s ability to manufacture glucosamine as we age
- Glucosamine Sulfate
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Are their contraindications to taking Glucosamine as a supplement?
- Other than glucosamine, what else can we do to help with joint health?
3 Obstacles to Weight Loss For Those Over 40
- Personal journeys of weight loss
- Keeping weight off is the key
- Body changes over 40
- Lack of consistency
- Mindset and prioritization
- Why is it that people struggle with staying on track?
Refinancing Your Mortgage Before You Retire
- Why is it important to refinance your mortgage before you retire?
- Income not equity is the qualifying factor
- Historically low interest rates
- Why go to a mortgage broker?
- Who does a mortgage broker work for?
- Who pays a mortgage broker?
- The process of loan approval
- Is it possible to get a mortgage if you don’t have income?
- What information will a mortgage broker need from a prospective borrower?
- Necessary lead time
- Introspection: accountability
- What does it mean to know yourself?
- Curating a life that has purpose
- Why is it that people don’t know themselves?
- Sitting with yourself – meditation
- What does it look like to know yourself?
- Shifting and changing
- “Spidey senses”
- Noticing your patterns of thinking and emotion
- What is the impact of knowing yourself visa vis the rest of the world?
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Dr. Sher Bovay go here.
To learn more about Sarah Makhomet go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.