Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 1st, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we explore Fall immune issues with Dr. Gordon Chang, discuss restaurant etiquette do’s and don’ts with Vito Marinuzzi, how changing your lifestyle might prevent dementia with Dr. Nicole Anderson and acupuncture for pain relief with Ted Snider
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin and Pure Beauty with Dr. Kristen Ma ND
We specifically discuss:
Fall Immunity Issues:
- The Immune System
- cancer cells and the immune system
- white blood cells, passive immunity
- natural remedies to boosting immunity
- priming the white blood cells
- athletes and heavy training
Restaurant Etiquette Do’s and Don’ts:
- the restaurant is the “show”
- reservations: no/shows, lateness, cancellation fees
- menu reading
- altering dishes
- bad behaviour
Changing Your Lifestyle to Prevent Dementia:
- What is dementia?
- Alzheimer’s disease causes dementia
- manifestations of dementia
- cognitive functions
- no current treatments for dementia
- building cognitive reserve – neuroplasticity
- higher education: continued education
- physical exercise
- healthy diet
- Baycrest clinical trials
PURE BEAUTY: Aloe Vera
Acupuncture for Pain Relief:
- Pain relief and modern medicine
- acupuncture is non-invasive
- treating the root cause
- What is acupuncture?
- acupuncture and pain
- back pain
- neck and shoulder pain
- chronic vs acute pain
- acupuncture as a complimentary treatment
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi or book a table at his restaurants go here.
To learn more about Dr. Nicole Anderson go here.
To learn more about Ted Snider go here.