Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 11 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we bust joint health myths with Dr. Gordon Chang, discuss mindfulness and sex with Tonic Sex Expert Carlyle Jansen, how to lose weight around your middle with Kathleen Trotter and blood maintenance with Dr. Stuart McLuskey
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin and Pure Beauty with Dr. Kristen Ma ND
We specifically discuss:
Busting Joint Health Myths
- supplements: glucosamine, B Vitamins, enzymes, collagen, Vitamin C, minerals
- chondroitin and/or glucosamine
- joint pain – inflammation
- herbal anti-inflammatory
- joint pain and age
- foods affecting joint pain – night shade, tomatoes
- excess weight and joint pain
- exercise exacerbates joint pain
- ease off if arthritis flares up
- rain, damp weather – arthritis
Sex and Mindfulness
- multi-tasking vs. living in the moment
- minds are like wandering puppies
- mindfulness and pain – as it pertains to sex
- mindfulness helping with sex
- mindfulness and the beginner’s mind
- facilitating mindfulness
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Financial
Losing Weight From Around Your Middle
- losing weight vs. being healthy
- fat loss
- interval training and strength training
- what is interval training?
- interval training and injuries
- strength training
PURE BEAUTY: Neem
Blood Maintenance in the Medical System:
- Blood maintenance and conservation
- addressing preoperative anemia
- iron deficiencies
- cost of blood products
- anesthesiologist’s role in blood management
- patient advocating for blood maintenance
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To read Carlyle’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.
To learn more about Dr. Stuart McCluskey go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.
To connect with Dr. Kristen Ma of Pure+ Simple go here.